Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Was it a coincidence?

     'Shweta, I love Amit a lot.' Amit stopped at the door as he heard these words coming from the auditorium. The voice belonged to MS, his girlfriend. He sat down on the stairs pretending reading a book while his ears stick to the talk going behind the door. 'I love him more than myself but I can’t marry him. He comes from different cast. My parents would not accept us. This society would scorn at us. I want to forget him. And sometimes, loosing someone is love. Shweta, tell him I can’t meet him. I want to forget him for our good.' MS said, in shivering voice. 
'Hey what are you saying? Why do you think of cast. You never talked to me about this' Amit said to himself.
‘Weren’t you aware of your cast when you accepted his proposal?’  Shweta said.
 MS said. ‘Shweta, you are my friend. At least you should not taunt this way. If it was a mistake, don’t I have opportunity to correct it?’
‘Love is not a mistake. And how would you correct it? Breaking two innocent hearts? And breaking of hearts for whom? For the society? who always acts  as spectator, nothing else.’
‘But I don’t want to hurt my parents sentiments’ MS said. 
'And what about you and me?'
‘And what about your feelings?’
‘I’ve to sacrifice my feelings’ MS spoke in tearful eyes.
‘You would sacrifice your feelings for the false sentiments of your parents and for the careless attitude of the society’
‘Then what should I do?’ now couple of tears had to roll over her cheeks.
 ‘You have to stand for your right. You have to convince your parents.’
‘It’s not so easy, Shweta. I know my parents. They wouldn’t allow me’
‘Only because of cast? If birth decides the cast for them, why don’t you say that the system wherein we live also decides something like cast called category. Both of you are from general category.  I know it’s not logic but it’s better than their sophism.’
'Yeah, Shweta has a logic'
After that a boy comes in between their talks and speaks of the social issues. He pushed the door open and find them preparing for a skit. He says best of luck and leave the auditorium thinking why his girlfriend chose the same name- Amit- for her skit.
Was it a coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment

जरुरत नही है ...

  मुझे अब तेरी जरुरत नहीं है तेरे प्यार की भी ख्वाहिश नहीं है कहानी थी एक जिसके किरदार तुम थे कहानी थी एक  जिसके किरदार हम थे अपना हिस्सा बख...