Tuesday, June 12, 2012

who made me sleuth?


Ticket… ticket….’; somebody whispered to my ear as near and low voiced as he could.
‘Vadodara’ , I just replied as quickly as if in dire need.
Of course I was. I had to join office next morning.
‘Mil jayega, Rs.1300’
‘Which train? Can I have for kerala sampark kranti?’
‘No. Only for pashchim.’
‘Ok! Give it to me.’
I purchased the ticket for sleeper showing RAC11, M 28 but confirmed.
‘kiske naan par book kiya tha?’ , I asked.
‘Pata nahi, chart mein dekh liyo bhaiya.’
‘Ok.’
Chart showed me that I had become 28 yrs Nilesh kumar for the next 15 hrs. Needless to say something about crowd but it seemed more what I had expected. Again after almost two yrs I was going to experience the same lesson of ‘adjustment’ just as I had during my college days journey. Something became more alive … all who grew from soft cheeks to unshaved faces… who bathed daily and who took bath fortnightly reluctantly… who cried in hostel better than himesh reshamiya…who gained knowledge as well as something to drive their CG out of their belly… who woke up early and those who faced them while going to sleep…..and who slept without any tension…. Jhalmuri and singara as the only snacks option in train…. And litti chokha…. Which used to be non tasty to me in first yr but till final yr it also became something…tasty!
Let others board the train and get settled…. Till then let me check my fellow traveler in my compartment. I was staring at the chart stuck to my coach. As I rolled down my eyes from the top, some young figure paused my scanning. It was 22 F, A. Mittal. But what does A stand for? I entered, reached my seat in the same way as it generally happens in train.. ‘bhai saab side hona… nikalne do…’
She was there at side lower, sitting by folding her legs . Before her there was sitting a boy of my age group. I thought he might be his brother or friend. But as I was adjusting my luggage and myself, I heard her speaking to that guy, ‘I am coming from kurukshetra.’
Ok. He is just next seat fellow traveler.
Still, train was standing at new delhi railway station. I got down the train to bring water bottle. I again peeped into chart where she is going. BVI (Borevelli)
Train departed, I came to my seat. She had fallen asleep in the same posture…. Folding legs into her belly… A 5’5” body accommodating in a little space, awesome.  After 15-20 minutes she got up and shifted to upper birth and had fallen asleep deeeep…… undoubtedly she was beautiful but she appeared more beautiful with closed eyes… a little bit open lips in deep sleep… her being in deep sleep proved when TTE had to shake her shoulder 4-5 times to bring her into conscious. TTE checked the ticket and she again went to her dreams…. It had gone 6 hrs since I boarded the train or she was sleeping. It was around 10 PM when I left miss AM sleeping to take the last feel of being light of the day. I returned from washroom and saw she was taking dinner. I opened middle berth and lied down. She finished the dinner and she handed over dinner pack from her berth to a lady to throw it out of the window addressing her softly as didi. And again she took same posture and ran into deep sleep before I could.
 Vadodara was just about to come. It was around 8:15 AM and miss AM still sleeping. Aur soye bhi kyun nahi… railgaadi ki savaari roz roz thodi na milti hai ! I got up but still she was sleeping. She woke up just 5 minutes before the train reached Vadodara station. She wanted someone to take care of her belonging as probably she wanted to go washroom, at all it had been 15 hrs since she might have moved from her berth! She asked that guy, ‘where will you leave?’
‘Vadodara’
Same question she asked me. And unfortunately same answer she received. Now again same didi became helpful to her.
I was in the mood to talking her but her sleep did not allow. I left the train thinking I will have a chat with her soon over facebook. I found her even without knowing her name and I became detective. Engineering way of thinking helped me finding her out without knowing her name. It was not any image search in google since I had no pic of hers and apart from this my mobile had also slept before her. Bad luck!
As in engineering every application is based on some assumptions, the same way let me make some assumptions for her(specific) to come out with some conclusion.
Assumptions:
 1. She was going to Mumbai (BVI) from kurukshetra (KKR).  So there is probability she is studying or jobbed in KKR or Mumbai.
2. She was moving in the first week of June. So college might have got over and she might be returning to home town, Mumbai.
3. Jobbed? That is also in kurukshetra, when Delhi and Gurgaon are there just near to it. Probability tends to zero.  So probability increases in favour of study or jobbed in Mumbai.
4. Jobbed in Mumbai or studying in some college? Let me take the latter one and proceed.
5.  If studying then where?  Mumbai or Kurukshetra? As it was the month of June and she travelled from KKR to Mumbai, with a luggage consisting two or more bags. So more probability of her studying in KKR.
6. Considering above assumption, she came from Mumbai to KKR. So the college or university must be of some repute.
7. One reputed college in KKR I am aware of is NIT. So let me assume her NIT student.
8. A beautiful girl in NIT? it again brings the probability of her being NIT down. Anyways exceptions are always there. 
9. Considering above assumption and her ticket details 22 F, she may be third year or final yr student i.e. 2k8 or 2k9.
10. So now I have to find someone whose details are as A. Mittal, 22 F, NIT KKR. But what is A in her name??
11. Ok! Let me search in FB above details and find out someone whose name starts with A.
There is only one result which satisfies all above details. I message her enquiring the details to make above assumption work, I proved wrong at the same moment. I went like this:
Nilesh Kr(NK)- hey. .. r u that gal going smwhere today in paschim express... i juss checking my experiments of somthing beyond science. do reply:)
A Mittal(AM)- i thnk u r out of ur mind,better use ur brain in sumthng concrete
NK- that means u r nt dat MAM... miss A M... can u give me som concrete ideas i can put my brain into... yaar ha ya na me to ans dedo... if ur ans is NO... i m extremly SORRY..for previous msges....dat i disturbed ur sleep...
AM-sleep...............r u kidding ,ths is offc tym,use ur brain in studies ,job and for being an enterprenuer.........................rather thn msgng me
AM-as u r part of nit,so sumwhere u r my alumni,so sorry if ur find my behaviour rude
NK- ok... definitly wil use my brain in studies.. later...enterpreneur...i liked it..u expect it from an nitian...thanx
AM- its nt abt nitian,at end of day u r a human being,ur colg brand name will nt decide ur destiny,nit doest nt contributed evn a single bit in my career.so,nit is just lyk a normal colg to me like in my town.moreover a half cooked brain can do wondres....................read white tiger by arvind adiga
NK- i hav read dat book... that mentallity to achieve success i dont approve... its nt morally acceptable to me to get smthin in life by letting down others... dat driver. ..that storey may depicts the way to success in indiae upto certain extent. ..but still good ppl r dere...
AM- maine abhi poori ni padhi.........so cant comment and evn i believe good people r thr.............my parents r so good......i dnt need othr examples :)
NK- nice to hear u r proud of ur parents...because parents r d frst thing who contribute most in make their kids personality...they r responsible to make good ppl... :) :)
AM- chalo ab main padhlo.............IBPS is vry imp. to me ths tym and discussion never ends......kahan se baat shuru hui thi ...hehehe :)
NK- i thot u r in job...be the manager...good luck... best wishes!
AM- i am in job......bt it will nt last 4 long tym due to sum internal disputes as its a small company........so wanna try luck in IBPS............rest destiny will decide
NK- oh i see... keep remember dat destiny always follows hard work..
AM- i always do hard work .........i want to see wen destiny will start following
:)
AM- it was nyc talking to u
 gud day …bbye :)
NK- bye

AM and NK became friendly.
But where is that AM, my fellow traveller?? I don’t know. I don’t need to know. Neither she is my friend nor I am crazy for her but still I will find her, my detective mind urged which I also came to know right then. I became sleuth. Now I had to find her full name. I don't need to take others help and I had to find by my own. Should I search all the names which start with A? I don’t have so much time nor am I insane. But still found her in ten minutes. Is it called power of mind? You want to know how? Call me. You don't need to be detective. My no is easily searchable.

2 comments:

जरुरत नही है ...

  मुझे अब तेरी जरुरत नहीं है तेरे प्यार की भी ख्वाहिश नहीं है कहानी थी एक जिसके किरदार तुम थे कहानी थी एक  जिसके किरदार हम थे अपना हिस्सा बख...